Spavia means pathway to wellness, which is the foundation for our focus on a goal to become one of the greenest spa’s on earth. Our products and services are geared towards giving natural, environmentally friendly solutions to improving our guests' health.
cosmetic recycling program
Clean out your closets and drawers and take advantage of our cosmetic recycling program. Bring in any container of at least 1/2 full skin or body care product and receive $5 off total purchase (minimum purchase of $30) for similar organic or natural skin or body care products. Any products that are half-full to full are being sent to a local Denver-area shelter. All other products are recycled as hazardous waste since they contain harmful chemicals. There is no limit to the number of products you can recycle. We do not take lipstick but we will take other makeup products. Containers under 2 oz. will not receive credit, but we will recycle them.
We give preference to suppliers whose products have environmentally friendly attributes that are organic, minimize toxicity and reduce packaging waste or have any other environmentally preferable attributes, with minimal sacrifice to price and delivery requirements.
Spavia has been dedicated to organic products, natural services and energy conservation since we opened in 2005. Our philosophy, services, and products have been given great care and consideration to embrace our environment. We are committed to conserving the world's natural resources, without sacrificing the quality of your experience. After joining us at spavia, you will feel nurtured and inspired; knowing that it was beneficial for you and the environment.
spavia green efforts include:
- Using biodegradable cleaning products and laundry detergents
- Separating recyclables for recycling
- Eliminating paper hand towels
- Buying locally made products to support local businesses and reduce shipping waste
- Elimination of styrofoam cups and plastic water bottles
- Striving to use only natural ingredients in our skin and body care products
- Healthy air for staff and guests, no noxious fumes from common hair or nail processes
- Make-up is 100% pure mineral without fillers and synthetics
- Using relaxing books in retreat areas instead of magazines which cause enormous waste
- Water filtration – Filtration is water friendly, while still giving guests and employees purified healthy water without plastics or wasting water during the filtration process. (Note: We don’t use reverse osmosis which wastes as much as 7 gallons of water to produce 1 gallon of purified water).
- Washer and Dryers – high efficiency which uses significantly less electricity and water
Our green focus is ever evolving and we look forward to feedback from our guests, employees and community on how we can become more aware and make positive changes to our bodies and our environment.