Arrive to your appointment with freshly cleansed skin and lashes using an oil free wash to remove any oil or makeup.
Preparation for treatment: once arrived at Spavia for your treatment we will provide a lash-safe shampoo to recleanse the eye area once again to ensure the highest of sanitation. The lashologist will also use a primer to remove any residual protein and open the hair follicle to allow for the best bonding of the extension.
Congratulations on your beautiful set of eyelash extensions! To maintain your lashes, please follow our simple plan to maximize the results and longevity of your lashes:
Initial 12-48 hours
- Avoid getting the lashes wet for the first 24 hours following your lash extension application. This includes steam, saunas, swimming pools, heavy sweating from exercise, and showering.
- Avoid suntan beds for the initial 48 hours following your application.
- Avoid oil based skincare, mascara (including waterproof), and eyeliner. Only water based (oil free) products are approved. Oil (based products) will affect the adhesion and may cause the lashes to fall out prematurely. If mascara is worn, only wear approved lash extension mascara. Oil based and/or waterproof mascara will interfere with the bond causing premature shedding of the extensions.
- Do not rub or pull extension causing damage, reducing oils and dirt.
- Use of all manual lash curlers is prohibited.
- Please inform your lashologist if you have had any of the following services, including lasers, chemical peels, hydroxyl treatments, or any other acidic substance as they can cause sensitivities.
- Groom lashes daily with clean mascara wand, ideally when your lashes are wet out of the shower. The lashes are softer and more supple at that time. Curl lashes in an upward motion.
- Use only approved products for your lash extensions to ensure the longevity of your lashes.
- Wash lashes with minkys oil free lashampoo daily to keep your lashes healthy and clean.
- We recommend that you apply true black sealer once or twice per week, particularly if you have oily skin or lashes. This technique will protect and preserve your lashes as well as extend the life of your extensions. Furthermore, protective coating seals and hydrates the lashes as well as keeping them moisturized.
- Natural lash cycle is 60-90 days. When one lash falls out there is another lash growing in. Therefore, you will need regular fills (about 3-4 weeks after) to keep your lashes looking beautiful.